Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Is it worth it?

People often say the fun part of a relationship is in the beginning. I am not so sure I agree. Yes, the butterflies in your stomach and excitement of being with someone new are great but I think we tend to look back at the beginning of a relationship with rose color glasses and forget about the hard parts. Like realizing that what you thought was a witty remark really hurt your significant others feelings or that they could really do without your gum chewing and sarcasm. These lessons don't usually come easily and at some point both parties have to ask themselves "is this really worth it?"

Unfortunately my current relationship has hit this pinnacle moment and I am on the sidelines waiting to find out if my boyfriend thinks the good outweighs the bad. Is the laughter, fun times and witty banter worth dealing with my emotional reaction to things? I have a feeling this is what he's mulling over right now. Over the last 24-hours I have been going through a very similar train of thought and the answer for me is yes. The good still out weighs the bad. In fact, being the optimist I am, I have hope that he will make the same decision.

Do you think this is a natural life cycle of a new relationship? How have you overcome the bumps in the road in your own relationship?

No comments:

Post a Comment