Monday, September 21, 2009

Filling in the Gaps

For anyone that knows me, you know I have no problem keeping myself busy. And unfortunately this month has been pretty packed with activity keeping me from blogging. For those of you who take the time to read my rants on dating, thank you. I have a lot to write about and will be sharing my thoughts and ramblings on a more regular basis.

Since I am writing I might as well give you an update on my (lack of) dating. I have been on Match.com for a few weeks with little response. I am following the rules of Matchmaker Patti Stanger and am not making the first move. This is hard for me because I am naturally an action taker, but it's a learning experience none the less. I have had a few bites but no one that would make sense in responding to. I really am in no hurry, I believe if it's meant to happen it will, I am just interested in creating opportunity. The funny thing is though, as busy I have been in the last few weeks I wouldn't have really had time to date anyway! I guess everything does happen for a reason and in its own time.

So what do you think: is it really wrong for the woman to make the first move? Even if only an email to say hello?

1 comment:

  1. Megan, my feelings are...do what feels right for you. Stop listening to the etiquette rules of others. If you see someone or meet someone who floats your boat and makes your heart flutter, do not miss the opportunity to say hello or reach out based on others' opinions. Many times men are shy and wish women would approach them. My sons love it when girls approach them. Granted they are 18 & 20; however, they are of this new generation and are not all about what is prim and proper of my generation, which is not yours either. Life is short and passes us by quickly. Do not be afraid to risk rejection; you might grab onto something amazing if you dare! Best wishes...

    ReplyDelete