Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Adventures in Dating

The other day a friend sent me a blog link entitled, "Ikea: a cheap place for date night." The jist of the article is that there is a new trend at Ikea of couples going to the store on date night to enjoy the childcare, cafe and interesting atmosphere. Considering I live in Vegas where there isn't an Ikea store, this particular date doesn't appeal to me (there is no way I am sitting in a car for eight hours with someone I barely know, though I am sure it would be entertaining), but it brings up the thought of all the activities this city does have to offer for a single lady looking for love.

I have a few ideas of my own, but I thought it would be fun to ask readers of my blog for suggestions of places or activities to meet new people. I have the ultimate veto power , however I promise to consider any suggestions you might throw at me. Be creative -- and even if I don't find the man of my dreams at least I will have fun trying! Right?

4 comments:

  1. Cooking classes, book readings, community theater, photography and other community classes and hanging out with your best friend once she is done with her self-inflicted torture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think town Square is always a good option. There are alot of nice restaurants, and its just nice to walk around outside if it's good weather.You can grab yogurt at Yougurtland and walk around..sit on a bench ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a dog? My daughter in Pasadena has made some GREAT friends, male and female, at the dog park.

    I've been taking my puppy to various dog parks in the area, and everyone is always so friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all the great ideas!

    Carolyn, yes, I have a dog, just working on socializing him with other dogs.

    ReplyDelete