Thursday, June 25, 2009

Changing Lanes: A new blog identity

After almost a full month of blogging I have received awesome feedback from friends regarding the content and direction of my blog. Among the creative criticism the most common comment is this: "Your blog is great, but what happens if you start dating someone, does the blog end? The title is 'Megan on a Date' after all." After mulling this over it made sense, but what was I supposed to call my blog? As someone who has always enjoyed writing, I know this is something I would like to continue; besides being a creative outlet it's an opportunity for me to record pieces of my life in a fun quirky way.

It was one of my best friends who suggested playing off my last name: Lane. One of the ideas which was based on a decade old inside joke was "Uneven Lanes" but it wasn't exactly right. Then, after more discussion with many of my brilliantly creative friends I settled on a new title: "Changing Lanes." Perfect. Not only does it fit my current situation but it will probably fit in any season of my life. As the cliche goes, the only constant thing in life is change. So, welcome to the newly named blog.

That being said, the overall written direction of my blog will not change. I still plan to share my dating (mis)adventures but now the topics and possibilities of other things to write about are endless. I look forward to the evoloution of this personal writing project and am thankful for all the creative people I have in my life.

If you were following Megan on a Date or had the site bookmarked please start following Changing Lanes, instead.

1 comment:

  1. It just hit me like a ton of bricks: by changing the name of my blog it becomes more about me as a person and less about my current situation or the relationship that recently ended. In a lot of ways I think this part of the growing, forgiving and moving-on process.

    ReplyDelete